2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

This forum is for discussion of Autocross (Solo II) related issues.

2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby schmoo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:38 pm

September 23 at Scotia Bank Place, Lot 9

2012 - Event 10.pdf
(2.36 MiB) Downloaded 146 times


Last event of the local autocross season. Come see out the year with us and see the championship decided.


Registration is here: http://www.karelo.com/register.php?BID= ... 10#Ev12355

There are 80 spots available for Event 10. Registration closes at 6PM on September 22, 2012.


Registration Meter: http://www.karelo.com/meter.php?Ev=12355&stretch=1

Note: Registration is online only on a first-come, first-served basis. The only individuals permitted to register at the event are those with a valid "Free Event Coupon". Please see the note about Registration further below.

Fees:
- MCO Members: $30.09 + HST
- Members of ASN Canada and CASC-affiliated clubs: $30.09 + HST (proof of membership required)
Note:To verify your club's affiliation with ASN and CASC, please check: http://www.casc.on.ca/club_list

- Non members $39.82 + HST
- Helmet rental $5 (HST included - pay at event)

Event Schedule:
NOTE: All Cars new will need to undergo a Classing Check review.

7:30am - 9:00am: Registration/Course Prep
If this is your first event of 2012, ensure you have completed forms (see Paperwork Section below)
Arrive
Prep Car
Go to check-in/registration
Sign waiver
Get bracelet
Help with course set-up

9:10am: Newbie Course walk

9:30am - 10:00am: Drivers' Meetings
Attend and listen carefully

10:00am - First car on course

4:30pm - 5:00pm: Course tear down/clean-up

5:00pm - whenever: Post-Event awards, prizes, and festivities at a new venue: Don Cherry's (320 Eagleson Road, Kanata ON K2M 1C9 Tel: (613) 599-6300)

Mandatory Paperwork
For you to participate, the series organizers must have each of the following forms completed and filed for you and your car:

- 2012 MCO SoloII Registration Form
- 2012 MCO SoloII Self-Tech Form

Both can be found here: http://www.mco.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=270:autox-rules-2012&catid=12:autocross&Itemid=15

Complete the forms and bring them with you. Note that if you're note mechanically proficient, you should consider having your Self-Tech form completed by a professional mechanic. We recommend Canadian Tire on Carling -- call ahead and ask for Ralf.

The background information series rules and classing necessary to complete your registration form can be found here: http://www.mco.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=270:autox-rules-2012&catid=12:autocross&Itemid=15. It is your responsibility to read and understand fully of this material.

Notes About Registration
If you have a competition number that has been confirmed to be yours by series organizers (see this thread: http://www.mco.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14150 ), be sure to enter that number into Karelo when registering. If you have a number but fail to enter it into Karelo, a volunteer has to look you up on the system, find your number and enter it manually so that the timing software doesn't create a duplicate of you and assign it all of your points for that event.

If you do not have a number, contact el_torpedo or see the above thread to get a number before registering. [/b]

As well, please double check that your class is correctly displayed in Karelo. There are several cars which continually show up incorrectly because of errors in the Karelo save data feature, and it adds a surprising amount of time to my night prior to the event trying to get things sorted.

Entering a number into Karelo that you haven't already reserved in one of the ways above has following effects:
- you make a volunteer take time out of his Friday or Saturday night searching for registrants who have tried to claim numbers that aren't theirs, thereby frustrating the process of setting-up timing for the event
- you really annoy the volunteer, who more often than not, does timing at the event and knows everyone by name, face, and car.

Our Sponsors
MCO Solo II Participants and Organizers would like to thank our fantastic sponsors:

Canadian Tire Carling location
JP Walsh from REMAX - http://www.jpwalsh.ca
DOW Honda - http://www.dowhonda.com/
Talon Tire - http://talontire.com/
Perry Performance - http://www.perryautolaval.com/homeeng.php

Thanks so much, really looking forward to seeing everyone out there.

Alain H.
Solo 2 Director 2012
Pat's Hero
Autox & Track: Car #27 | Mazdaspeed MX-5 | Severely driver-limited
Tow Rig: 2013 Ford F-150 EcoBoost | Drag car in disguise
Daily Driver: 2010 Mazda 3 GT | Stock
uncommonpear.com
SchmooTube
schmoo
Clerk of the Course
 
Posts: 3375
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:15 am
Location: Alta Vista

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN

Postby John_H » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:45 pm

Registered.
Image
John_H
Master Corner Meister
Master Corner Meister
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 pm
Location: Ottawa,ON

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN

Postby Scruffy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:57 am

There is a discrepancy. The 2012 Series Schedule needs to be updated as it states that this event is on the 23rd.
Dakota - AutoX Comms Guy & Newbie Ambassador
"Spin or Win"
'95 Mustang GT (Tiffany) - AutoX & Lapping Beast
http://www.youtube.com/user/thegreatscruff/videos
User avatar
Scruffy
Master Corner Meister
Master Corner Meister
 
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:51 pm
Location: Westboro, Ottawa

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN

Postby schmoo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:01 pm

Apologies everyone. It is the 23rd. Post changed. Karelo changing. If this messes it up for you John, let me know.
Pat's Hero
Autox & Track: Car #27 | Mazdaspeed MX-5 | Severely driver-limited
Tow Rig: 2013 Ford F-150 EcoBoost | Drag car in disguise
Daily Driver: 2010 Mazda 3 GT | Stock
uncommonpear.com
SchmooTube
schmoo
Clerk of the Course
 
Posts: 3375
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:15 am
Location: Alta Vista

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN

Postby John_H » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:11 pm

schmoo wrote:Apologies everyone. It is the 23rd. Post changed. Karelo changing. If this messes it up for you John, let me know.


Ahh, nope. I am still good. I had it originally on that day anyways as per the websites schedule. I just switched it back in my calendar.
Image
John_H
Master Corner Meister
Master Corner Meister
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 pm
Location: Ottawa,ON

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby eilan578 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:47 pm

Noooo!!!!
We're doing the Army Run that day...

As if we're going to miss the last event :cry:
Vicki
#122 - 1992 Civic HB/2002 S2000 (AutoX)
eilan578
Corner Carver
Corner Carver
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby John_H » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:56 pm

eilan578 wrote:Noooo!!!!
We're doing the Army Run that day...

As if we're going to miss the last event :cry:


Aww, that is unfortunate timing. Why don't you submit a course design, then you can be there in spirit :)
Image
John_H
Master Corner Meister
Master Corner Meister
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 pm
Location: Ottawa,ON

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby el_torpedo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:14 am

Does event 10 count for points? I thought it was just a special "shootout event" like previous years. :?:
User avatar
el_torpedo
Master Corner Meister
Master Corner Meister
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby craig » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Is this a normal event? Are first-timers allowed?
User avatar
craig
Master Corner Meister
Master Corner Meister
 
Posts: 2318
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby John_H » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:24 pm

craig wrote:Is this a normal event? Are first-timers allowed?


Yes, first-timers are allowed.
Image
John_H
Master Corner Meister
Master Corner Meister
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 pm
Location: Ottawa,ON

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby TrueChaos » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:02 pm

I will be attending, but I'll be using a free event coupon. Just to confirm, I can just sign up at the event with that right?
#112 - '99 Mazda Miata, 15x9 Advanti Storm S1, 225/45/15 RS3's, Sparco Bucket, Roll bar, harness - B-Class
TrueChaos
Corner Meister
Corner Meister
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby John_H » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:09 pm

TrueChaos wrote:I will be attending, but I'll be using a free event coupon. Just to confirm, I can just sign up at the event with that right?


Yes.
Image
John_H
Master Corner Meister
Master Corner Meister
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 pm
Location: Ottawa,ON

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby condor888000 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:33 pm

Woo, registered. Gonna be a good event, I can feel it.
Pat - #116 Miater, formerly MZ3
User avatar
condor888000
Master Corner Meister
Master Corner Meister
 
Posts: 1866
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby Scruffy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:23 pm

All registered up!

Weather outlook: not so good.
- 30% chance of rain
- High of 16C

Let's hope we can get a little better than that.
Dakota - AutoX Comms Guy & Newbie Ambassador
"Spin or Win"
'95 Mustang GT (Tiffany) - AutoX & Lapping Beast
http://www.youtube.com/user/thegreatscruff/videos
User avatar
Scruffy
Master Corner Meister
Master Corner Meister
 
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:51 pm
Location: Westboro, Ottawa

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby inverted » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Scruffy wrote:All registered up!

Weather outlook: not so good.
- 30% chance of rain
- High of 16C

Let's hope we can get a little better than that.

It's only Tuesday, the event is on Sunday. Never trust the weather man!!
Image
Mike S #89
97 Miata (B/STR)
98 Legacy Wagon [2014 Ice Racing Champions]
http://www.youtube.com/user/inverted83/videos
inverted
Senior Corner Meister
Senior Corner Meister
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:16 am

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby sb_600 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:39 pm

inverted wrote:
Scruffy wrote:All registered up!

Weather outlook: not so good.
- 30% chance of rain
- High of 16C

Let's hope we can get a little better than that.

It's only Tuesday, the event is on Sunday. Never trust the weather man!!



30%???? that means a 70% chance of sun.... :P
Shawn - #915 - 1992 BMW 325i

Image

#296 - 1992 BMW 325i - Chumpcar
http://www.facebook.com/MetricHomesRacing
User avatar
sb_600
Master Corner Meister
Master Corner Meister
 
Posts: 1834
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Ottawa, ON

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby qr25de » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Registered!
2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V
Amsoil Air Filter, Engine Oil, Transmission Oil and Coolant Boost

"The beauty of understeer is that whatever you are currently doing, do less of it."
-Dick Turner
qr25de
Corner Carver
Corner Carver
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:50 am

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby Scruffy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:05 am

sb_600 wrote:
inverted wrote:
Scruffy wrote:All registered up!

Weather outlook: not so good.
- 30% chance of rain
- High of 16C

Let's hope we can get a little better than that.

It's only Tuesday, the event is on Sunday. Never trust the weather man!!



30%???? that means a 70% chance of sun.... :P


Sadly not, as it stood this afternoon it was 30% chance of rain, 70% chance of cloud cover. :( Hopefully it'll change though! I haven't had a rainy autocross yet...
Dakota - AutoX Comms Guy & Newbie Ambassador
"Spin or Win"
'95 Mustang GT (Tiffany) - AutoX & Lapping Beast
http://www.youtube.com/user/thegreatscruff/videos
User avatar
Scruffy
Master Corner Meister
Master Corner Meister
 
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:51 pm
Location: Westboro, Ottawa

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby Alf » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:47 am

30% chance of rain does mean, it's gone rain 30% of the time

30% chance of rain mean that 30% of the area have will rain. We're OK, we are on the other 70%...
Alf

“All I want to know is where I’m going to die, so I’ll never go there.” -- Charles Munger
Alf
Senior Corner Meister
Senior Corner Meister
 
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Canada

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby John_H » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:04 pm

Wise man says "Hope for the best, but plan for the worst."
Image
John_H
Master Corner Meister
Master Corner Meister
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 pm
Location: Ottawa,ON

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby eyemaster » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Registered, 2nd event of the year for me! Too bad it's going to be a cold day :)
The White Corvette
eyemaster
Master Corner Meister
Master Corner Meister
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2002 12:00 am
Location: Canada

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby schmoo » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:01 pm

Course map added. One direction in the AM and other direction in the PM. Best time from AM + Best time from PM = Total time and basis for scoring.
Pat's Hero
Autox & Track: Car #27 | Mazdaspeed MX-5 | Severely driver-limited
Tow Rig: 2013 Ford F-150 EcoBoost | Drag car in disguise
Daily Driver: 2010 Mazda 3 GT | Stock
uncommonpear.com
SchmooTube
schmoo
Clerk of the Course
 
Posts: 3375
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:15 am
Location: Alta Vista

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby qr25de » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:11 pm

schmoo wrote:Course map added. One direction in the AM and other direction in the PM. Best time from AM + Best time from PM = Total time and basis for scoring.


Wow, I think I'll bring my lunch in that case. Get some more time to walk the course in the "wrong" direction.
2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V
Amsoil Air Filter, Engine Oil, Transmission Oil and Coolant Boost

"The beauty of understeer is that whatever you are currently doing, do less of it."
-Dick Turner
qr25de
Corner Carver
Corner Carver
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:50 am

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby 123go » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:59 pm

We have the provincial autoslalom competition on the 22nd in Three-Rivers... Man that's a long way from Kanata! But it's tempting... I've only been able to attend two MCO events this year... That's a bummer. I'll see how I feel tomorrow and I may register after all.

Cheers,

Gilles
123go
Corner Meister
Corner Meister
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 10:01 pm

Re: 2012 - EVENT 10 - REGISTRATION OPEN - SEPT 23

Postby dbg » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:39 pm

Hmmm... Cold and maybe rain. I guess I should run my street tires (AD07) not the A048. They suck in wet cold weather...
2005 Corvette C6
2010 Tesla Roadster
2012 Tesla Model S P85
User avatar
dbg
Corner Meister
Corner Meister
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Next

Return to Autocross Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests