RallySport Ontario 2016 events

Rally discussion & events

Moderator: uglydogrally

morrow
Corner Meister
Corner Meister

RallySport Ontario 2016 events

Postby morrow » 2016.01.06 11:13:34 AM

I've taken some information from Bruce Leonard's Car Zero Report. There are lots of Rally-related events coming up for 2016, so go out and enjoy! If you're not competing, please volunteer if you can. All events depend on workers.

2016 Ontario Road Rally Championship events
January 30 - Frostbite Rally, Milton
February 20, 21 - Polar Bear Rally, Bancroft
April 23 - Spring RunOff Rally, Peterborough
May 14 - Blossom Rally, Kitchener
June 18 - Discover Ontario Car Rally, tbd
October 1 - No Winter Maintenance Rally, Caledon
November - President's Prize, Peterborough
December 3 - Northern Lights, tbd

The ORRC series takes place on regular roads. Vehicles are driven at road-legal speeds. Your daily driver is acceptable for these events. This introduces new competitors to navigational rallies. This is something enjoyed by competitors of all ages.

2016 Ontario Performance Rally Championship events
Edit: Please note that GCFR and Black Bear are not running in their usual months.

February 5, 6 - Perce Neige, Maniwaki, QC
May 7 - Lanark Highlands Forest Rally, McDonald's Corners (MCO)
July 9 - Galway-Cavendish Forest Rally, Catchecoma (PMSC)
August 7 - Black Bear Rally (MLRC)
September 9, 10 - Rallye Defi, Ste Agathe and Montpelier, QC
November 25, 26 - Rally of the Tall Pines, Bancroft (MLRC)

The OPRC series involves specially prepared vehicles and CARS-licensed crews wearing helmets, HANS devices and driving suits. All equipment and the vehicle must pass a technical inspection before being permitted to compete. Cars must have a CARS logbook.

There are a number of club events that are not part of an RSO series, such as rallycross, nav rallies, plus the new rallysprint events.

As well, the RallySport Ontario Annual General Meeting and awards presentations for 2015 will be held March 19 in Peterborough. All the events are listed on the RSO website calendar and as each comes up, I'll be highlighting them in this newsletter.

For more information, check out RallySport Ontario at http://www.rallysport.on.ca.

Other questions or comments? Please post here.

Jeannie
Jeannie (VE3JNE) and Jim (VA3JUS).
Jean MacGillivray, MCO Vice-President (2013) and RallySport Ontario Secretary (March 2011 - March 2014).
Jim Morrow, RSO Region Rally Director (2013).
Jim says: If you're not Rallying, you're not living!

morrow
Corner Meister
Corner Meister

Re: RallySport Ontario 2016 events

Postby morrow » 2016.02.20 12:14:19 PM

Next up: RSO's Annual General Meeting on March 19 in Peterborough. I've posted a separate item so you can find out who's running, etc. Please attend if you can, and assign your proxy if you can't. More info at www.rallysport.on.ca.

Jeannie
Jean MacGillivray, MCO Vice-President (2013) and RallySport Ontario Secretary (March 2011 - March 2014).

morrow
Corner Meister
Corner Meister

Postby morrow » 2016.03.27 03:02:25 PM

Rallyists, some OPRC events are including a Rally Sprint on their schedule. In the case of the MCO's Lanark Highlands Forest Rally, the sprint will be scheduled in between the performance rally's use of Umpherson's Mill Road.

We are expecting more entries this year, especially since we were forced to cancel what would've been the first-ever Lanark Winter Rally Sprint due to warm weather that led to soft road conditions. Now we're preparing for the Lanark Spring Sprint as part of LHFR, and teams are eagerly awaiting their chance to shake off the cobwebs!

More info will be under the LHFR thread. I'll post throughout the summer as information becomes available on GCFR and Black Bear.

Prepare for a good rallying summer! :chug:

Jeannie

Edit: I've heard that GCFR will not be holding a rally sprint. To the best of my knowledge at this time, I think Black Bear is going to.

morrow
Corner Meister
Corner Meister

Postby morrow » 2016.05.31 10:34:14 AM

Next up on the OPRC calendar is the Galway-Cavendish Forest Rally on July 9. You don't to miss it! :mrgreen:

Jeannie